Gentle Essex walk through the quiet Blackwater Valley to historic Coggeshall, with 300 listed buildings, for lunch.
- Rendez-vous : 9:40 Liverpool Street train station (devant le ticket office).
10:02 Liverpool Street (platform 14) – 11:00 Kelvedon
- Billets : Return to Kelvedon, £22.80
Réduction pour les groupes de 3+ : 1/3 off. Pour bénéficier de la réduction : prévoir l’appoint (£15.20) et arriver à l’heure
- Retour de Kelvedon à 41 mins de chaque heure (durée du trajet : 63 mins)
- Déjeuner : Pique-nique ou pub :
- The suggested pub is the Lions (tel 01844 343345), Church End, Bledlow, 7km from the start of the walk, which serves good food from 12 to 2.30pm daily and has an extensive garden.
- Bouchier’s Barn Café Marks Hall, CO6 1TG (01376 563 796). Bouchier’s Barn Café is located 11.1 km into the walk in a beautifully restored 15th Century barn, which was moved to its current spot timber by timber in 1991 from a site about a mile away. It offers information on Marks Hall Gardens & Arboretum, a shop and a tea room serving morning coffee, light lunches and teas, with homemade cakes available all day. Cooked food 12.00-14.30. Open 10.30-17.00.
- Ranfield’s Brasserie 4-6 Stoneham Street, Coggeshall, CO6 1TT (01376 561 453). Open 12.00-14.00. Ranfield’s is located 14.4 km into the main walk. The 16th Century half-timbered building was originally converted into a restaurant in 1986 by Peter Langan, of Langan’s Brasserie in Mayfair.
- Clock House Tea Rooms 1 Stoneham Street, Coggeshall, CO6 1TT (01376 536 242). Open 10.00-16.30. The Tea Rooms are located 14.4 km into the main walk and they serve light lunches, sandwiches and cakes in a historic building with a walled garden at the back.
- The Chapel Inn 4 Market Hill, Coggeshall, CO6 1TS (01376 561 655). Food served 12.00-15.00. The Chapel Inn is located 14.4 km into the main walk. It was built on the site of an earlier chapel on the old Roman Military Road from Colchester to St Albans via Bishops Stortford. Remains of the Roman road with its drainage aqueducts can still be seen in the beer cellar.
- The White Hart Hotel Market End, Coggeshall, CO6 1NH (01376 561 654). Food served 11.00-22.00. The White Hart is located 14.5 km into the main walk, and it is set in a building that dates back to the 15th Century and still has a wealth of original features, notably its attractive timbered room.
- The Woolpack Inn 91 Church Street, Coggeshall, CO6 1UB (01376 561 235). Food served 12.00-14.00. The Woolpack Inn is located 14.9 km into the main walk. The Woolpack was built in the 15th Century and became an Inn in 1708. It is now Grade I-listed.
- Terrain : sentier, herbe et boue
- Distance : 23 km environ
- Difficulté : 4/10
- Coucher du soleil : 21:11
- Saturday Walkers Club: https://www.walkingclub.org.uk/walk/kelvedon-circular/
- Directions, à imprimer : https://www.walkingclub.org.uk/walk/kelvedon-circular/SWC_Walk_216_Kelvedon_Circular.pdf
- Fichier KML à utiliser avec l’app MapsMe (recommandée) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j50mbzyybs85qn/Kelvedon-Circular-SWC-Walk-216.kml?dl=0
- Contact : Olivier Bertin +447941557060
- Météo : http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2645841
- Pour participer : envoyez un email à email@example.com en précisant l’objet de l’email : «Kelvedon» ou inscrivez-vous sur l’événement de la page Facebook https://www.facebook.com/frenchwalks/
A noter : Les randonnées de French Walks & Sunday Roasts sont réservées aux personnes majeures. Les itinéraires sont disponibles sur le site du “Saturday Walkers Club”. Chaque participant engage sa propre responsabilité (notamment en cas d’accident).